United States Wholesale Return Policy
Wholesale Return Process
All Returns must be received within 90 days from the start of your term*.
- A preauthorized returns amount is available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide the following information:
- Your NBC account number
- Invoice numbers for that term
- Valid email address for pre-authorized return amount
- Non-partner returns are limited to 20% of the total amount invoiced for all NBC purchases for that term.
- Course cancellations will be subject to the 20% limit.
- Partner accounts are subject to return limits based upon their partnership contract.
- You must contact us within 15 days from the receipt of shipment to report any discrepancies.
*Term will be defined as the date of the first day of class.
Book return criteria
- Books received without an NBC barcode will be processed at the company’s discretion.
- Damaged books, with NBC barcodes, are returnable within 30 days of the invoice date.
- See NBC Used Book Standards Guide
- All new books have a 100% return rate and must have NBC shrink wrap to be eligible for returns. Non-shrink-wrapped books will be checked in as “used” and given used value or a delay in processing will occur, based on NBC’s discretion on a case-by-case basis.
All returns must be received by NBC no later than 90 days from the start of your term. To ensure proper credit:
- In the top/first box of the pallet, include an itemized chargeback with account name and number or a packing list sorted by author.
- Clearly label this box PSE (Packing Slip Enclosed).
- Label each additional box with the account name, return address, number out of total cartons (ex. 1 of 20, 2 of 20, etc.), and write “Return” on each carton
Shipping Claims Policy
Nebraska Book Company’s goal is to provide a consistent shipping experience to all customers. We adhere to the following shipping claim process:
- When NBC ships outbound orders to customers:
- Shipment is the customer’s responsibility (FOB Origin/FOB Shipping Point)
- Customer is responsible regardless of shipping method chosen
- Customer is responsible for the shipment once it leaves NBC
- NBC will not reimburse for lost cartons or contents shipped prepaid or collect
- When customers send Inbound shipments to NBC:
- NBC is responsible for buyer’s guide shipments, rental return shipments and buyback shipments
- Customer is responsible for wholesale returns shipments
- Customer is responsible for any lost or damaged items while in transit to NBC
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
- After your return is processed, NBC will issue a credit to your account.
- You must contact us within 15 days from the date the credit memo was issued to report any discrepancies.
- Partner account returns received after 90 days from the beginning of the term will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
- Non-partner accounts exceeding 20% or received after 90 days from the beginning of the term will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
- Any returned amount exceeding your eligible return limit will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
- Titles received without guide value will automatically be returned to you at your expense.
- Extra or incorrect titles received will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
- Titles received in damaged condition may be returned to you at your expense if your account settings dictate.