United States Wholesale Return Policy
Wholesale Return Process
Books invoiced from March 1 through September 30, must be returned by October 31.
Books invoiced from October 1 through February 28, must be returned by March 31.*.
- A preauthorized returns amount is available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We suggest that you submit by October 1 for the October 31 return date.
We suggest that you submit by March 1 for the March 31 return date. This will allow adequate time to process and ship the return.
- Provide the following information:
- Your NBC account number
- Invoice numbers for that date range
- Valid email address for pre-authorized return amount
- Non-partner returns are limited to 20% of the total amount invoiced for all NBC purchases for that date range.
- Course cancellations will be subject to the 20% limit.
- Partner accounts are limited to what their contract states.
- You must contact us within 15 days from the receipt of the shipment to report any discrepancies.
Book return criteria
- Books received without an NBC barcode will be processed at the company’s discretion.
- Damaged books, with NBC barcodes, are returnable within 30 days of the invoice date.
- See NBC Used Book Standards Guide
- All new books have a 100% return rate and must have NBC shrink wrap to be eligible for returns. Non-shrink-wrapped books will be checked in as “used” and given used value or a delay in processing will occur, based on NBC’s discretion on a case-by-case basis.
Books invoiced from March 1 through September 30, must be returned by October 31. Books invoiced from October 1 through February 28, must be returned by March 31. To ensure proper credit:
- In the top/first box of the pallet, include an itemized chargeback with account name and number or a packing list sorted by author.
- CLICK HERE for a link to the label.
- Clearly label this box PSE (Packing Slip Enclosed).
- Label each additional box with the account name, return address, number out of total cartons (ex. 1 of 20, 2 of 20, etc.), and write “Return” on each carton.
Shipping Claims Policy
Nebraska Book Company’s goal is to provide a consistent shipping experience to all customers. We adhere to the following shipping claim process:
- When NBC ships outbound orders to customers:
- If shipment is sent out collect or third party, customer is responsible for filing the claim.
- If shipment is sent out pre-paid, NBC is responsible for filing the claim.
- Customer is responsible for documenting any loss or damages that might result from the carriage and delivery of freight. If customer fails to document the loss or damages on the receiving document, or fails to do so in a prompt manner, the loss cannot be resolved by means of a freight claim. This would apply to whoever is responsible for the claim.
- When customers send Inbound shipments to NBC:
- If shipment is sent in collect, NBC is responsible for filing the claim.
- If shipment is sent in pre-paid, customer is responsible for filing the claim.
- NBC is not responsible for overstock return shipments. Customer is responsible for filing claim on lost or damaged cartons.
What do you need to submit a claim?
- Tracking number
- Original invoice
- Cost/purchase invoice
- Photos of the damaged package (before unpacking)
- Photos of the damaged product itself
- Photos of how the shipment was packaged before shipping (if available)
- If the shipment contained multiple items with loss or damage, a detailed breakdown with the value associated with each item will be required. This can also be noted or highlighted on the cost invoice that is uploaded.
Claims should usually be supported by legible copies of the following:
- Original bill of lading
- Paid freight bill
- Proof of the value of the commodities lost or damaged (an invoice)
- Inspection or survey reports, if made
- Copies of request for inspection
- Notification of loss
- Waiver of inspection by carrier
- Other supporting documents when appropriate, such as photographs, temperature reports, shock or impact records, condemnation certificates, dumping certificates, laboratory analysis, quality control reports, loading diagrams, weight certificates, written statements or affidavits, loading and unloading tallies, etc.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
- After your return is processed, NBC will issue a credit to your account.
- You must contact us within 15 days from the date the credit memo was issued to report any discrepancies.
- Partner account returns received after the October 31 or March 31 deadlines will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
- Non-partner accounts exceeding 20% or received after the October 31 or March 31 deadlines will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
- Any returned amount exceeding your eligible return limit will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
- Titles received without guide value will automatically be returned to you at your expense.
- Extra or incorrect titles received will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
- Titles received in damaged condition may be returned to you at your expense if your account settings dictate.