Shipping and Transportation
Shipping Claims Policy
Nebraska Book Company’s goal is to provide a consistent shipping experience to all customers. We adhere to the following shipping claim process:
- When NBC ships outbound orders to customers:
- If shipment is sent out collect or third party, customer is responsible for filing the claim.
- If shipment is sent out pre-paid, NBC is responsible for filing the claim.
- Customer is responsible for documenting any loss or damages that might result from the carriage and delivery of freight. If customer fails to document the loss or damages on the receiving document, or fails to do so in a prompt manner, the loss cannot be resolved by means of a freight claim. This would apply to whoever is responsible for the claim.
- When customers send Inbound shipments to NBC:
- If shipment is sent in collect, NBC is responsible for filing the claim.
- If shipment is sent in pre-paid, customer is responsible for filing the claim.
- NBC is not responsible for overstock return shipments. Customer is responsible for filing claim on lost or damaged cartons.
What do you need to submit a claim?
- Tracking number
- Original invoice
- Cost/purchase invoice
- Photos of the damaged package (before unpacking)
- Photos of the damaged product itself
- Photos of how the shipment was packaged before shipping (if available)
- If the shipment contained multiple items with loss or damage, a detailed breakdown with the value associated with each item will be required. This can also be noted or highlighted on the cost invoice that is uploaded.
Claims should usually be supported by legible copies of the following:
- Original bill of lading
- Paid freight bill
- Proof of the value of the commodities lost or damaged (an invoice)
- Inspection or survey reports, if made
- Copies of request for inspection
- Notification of loss
- Waiver of inspection by carrier
- Other supporting documents when appropriate, such as photographs, temperature reports, shock or impact records, condemnation certificates, dumping certificates, laboratory analysis, quality control reports, loading diagrams, weight certificates, written statements or affidavits, loading and unloading tallies, etc.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Books invoiced from March 1 through September 30, must be returned by October 31. Books invoiced from October 1 through February 28, must be returned by March 31. To ensure proper credit:
- In the top/first box of the pallet, include an itemized chargeback with account name and number or a packing list sorted by author.
- CLICK HERE for a link to the label.
- Clearly label this box PSE (Packing Slip Enclosed).
- Label each additional box with the account name, return address, number out of total cartons (ex. 1 of 20, 2 of 20, etc.), and write “Return” on each carton.
Other Shipping Information
Outbound from NBC Shipping Information:
- If shipment is sent out collect or third party, there is no guarantee that the shipment will not receive a surcharge if a box weighs more than 50 pounds.
- If shipment is sent out pre-paid, the shipping fee will be invoiced to customer and will protect from any surcharges if a box weighs more than 50 pounds.
Inbound to NBC Shipping Information:
- If shipment is sent in collect, the customer will be protected from any surcharges for any boxes weighing more than 50 pounds.
- If shipment is sent in pre-paid, the customer may see surcharges if a box weighs more than 50 pounds.
If you would like to set up your account to avoid surcharges, please email email@example.com.
Any further questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you.