Wholesale Return Process
1) NBC will provide a Pre-Authorized Return List for each term with the eligible return dollar amount, within 60 days from the beginning of the term.
- All returns must be received within 90 days of the start of your term.
- This includes working papers with all titles shipped within that term.
- Non-Partner Returns are limited to 20% of the total amount invoiced for all NBC purchases for that term.
- Course cancellations will be subject to the 20% limit.
- Partner Returns are 100% of the total amount invoiced for all NBC purchases for that term.
2) Book return criteria
- Only books with an NBC barcode are eligible for returns. Books received without an NBC barcode will be processed at the company’s discretion
- Damaged books, with NBC barcodes, are returnable within 30 days of the invoice date.
- All new books have a 100% return rate and must have NBC shrink wrap to be eligible for returns.
3) To request pre-authorization in advance:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide the following information:
- Your NBC account number
- Invoice numbers for that term
- Valid email address for pre-authorized return list
1) All returns must be shipped by the date on page 1 of the pre-authorized return list and received no later than 90 days after the start of your term.
2) To ensure proper credit:
- Include only page 1 of the Pre-Authorized Return List along with your shipment.
- In the top box of the pallet, include an itemized chargeback or packing list sorted by author.
- Clearly label this box PSE (Packing Slip Enclosed).
- Label each box with the account name, return address, number of cartons (ex. 1 of 20, 2 of 20, etc.), and write “Return” on each carton.
1) After your return is processed, NBC will issue a credit to your account.
You must contact us within 15 days from the date the credit memo was issued to report any discrepancies.
2) Partner account returns received after 90 days from the beginning of the term will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
3) Non-partner accounts exceeding 20% or received after 90 days from the beginning of the term will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
4) Any returned amount exceeding the Remaining Balance on Eligible Return shown on page 1 of the Pre-Authorized Return List will be purchased at the current buyer’s guide price, plus 20% commission.
- Titles received without guide value will automatically be returned to you at your expense.
- Titles received in damaged condition will automatically be returned to you at your expense.
Last updated May 1, 2020. The contents of this wholesale returns policy supersede the terms of any previous wholesale returns policies.