Nebraska Book Company (NBC) is excited to have launched a new internship program with a full array of opportunities for young people in the community to get their feet wet in the world of business. What better way to learn than with a company with a rich 101-year history and is consistently at the forefront of innovation in its industry. NBC is currently looking to fill multiple internship positions in fields such as Information Technology, Data Science and Accounting.
Nebraska Book’s Human Resources Director Joshlyn Mangan said, “As we continue push to disrupt the higher education industry, infusing additional talent into the organization is a top priority. Our goal is to not only give students valuable hands-on experience but also grow our talent pool with future NBC innovators and forward-thinkers.”
NBC’s internship program will be cyclical in nature, revolving around the traditional school semesters of spring, summer, and fall. Most internships will run a course of six months; however, Mangan said the possibility exists to have an internship develop into a longer term agreement or even future full-time employment if the fit is right.
“It’s clear that there is a need for more learning opportunities for up-and-coming generations,” says Nick Topp who leads Talent Acquisition at NBC, “I’m pleased that NBC can be a part of the solution.”
Summer 2017 Interns
- Thomas Vanderheiden is a senior at Wayne State College majoring in graphic design. He is focusing on digital marketing design projects and other marketing initiatives.
- Rajesh Thumu is working towards an M.S. in business analytics at the University of Texas-Dallas. He is working with the data science team.
- Parker Thomassen will be a senior at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln majoring in business administration. He is working on the IT project management team at NBC.
- Qichen Hu is working towards an M.S. in project management and business analytics at the University of Connecticut School of Business. She is working with the data science team.
- Manasi Chivate is working towards an M.S. in business analytics at the University of Texas-Dallas. She is also working with the data science team.
- Madison Montanez is a senior University of Nebraska-Lincoln majoring in advertising and public relations with an emphasis on design. She is working with the marketing team, heading social media and digital marketing efforts.
About Nebraska Book Company
At Nebraska Book Company (NBC), industry-changing progress is happening. As retail in the higher education marketplace quickly evolves, NBC is creating change unlike anything before. While we currently offer innovative solutions to meet the needs of thousands of independent college retailers across the nation, we’re also working on ground-breaking products and services that will ensure their success for years to come. From specialized back-end systems that boost efficiency and productivity to store design that embodies everything expected in a “store of the future,” NBC customers are benefitting from increased revenue, improved textbook sourcing and delivery, and better overall guest experience. Join NBC on our journey of leading the changes that are shaping the future of higher education retail—for the better. Learn more at http://nebook.com/careers/.